Nutritional Insurance for Mom & Baby
- 1,000 mcg of folic acid to support healthy fetal development
- 200 mg of DHA vital for baby’s brain and eye development
- 1,200 mg of bone-strengthening calcium
- 400 IU of vitamin D-3 to enhance calcium absorption
Prenatal Formula – 60 Caplets, Calcium 600 – 30 Caplets, DHA 200 – 30 Softgels
PRENATAL PROGRAM: GNC Prenatal Program is a daily multivitamin program that provides nutritional support for both mother and baby before, during and after pregnancy. Pregnancy is a special time in a woman’s life and an important time to be mindful not only of your individual nutritional needs, but the nutritional needs of your baby as well. Maternal nutrition before and during pregnancy affects both your well-being and your infant’s growth. As your baby develops through the early phases of life, your nutritional needs will also increase. After delivery, you need an adequate diet rich in essential nutrients such as calcium and folic acid to support nursing and replace depleted nutrient store. This delicately blended multivitamin offers supplemental nutritional support for both you and your baby.
- Prenatal Formula A delicately blended multivitamin that provides you and your baby with supplemental levels of essential nutrients.This special formula features 1,000 mcg of folic acid critical during the earliest weeks of pregnancy when a baby’s organs are forming. Adequate intake of folic acid in a healthy diet before and during early pregnancy may reduce the risk of birth defects of the brain and spinal cord.
This formula also provides 600 mg of bone-strengthening calcium and 400 IU of vitamin D-3 to enhance calcium absorption, as well as iron to support placental and fetal needs and a mother’s increased blood volume.
- Calcium 600 Provides an additional 600 mg of bone-strengthening calcium which is vital during pregnancy, especially during the their trimester when fetal bones begin to calcify. If a mother’s calcium level drops, her body can pull calcium from her bones resulting in loss of bone density.
- DHA 200 Includes DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), an omega-3 fatty acid naturally present in fish. DHA is the predominant structural fatty acid in the brain and retina and is passed through the placenta to the baby and then, following childbirth, it is passed through breast milk.
- Supplementing with DHA helps pregnant and nursing mothers replenish DHA necessary for a baby’s healthy brain and eye function developmentGNC DHA is ultra pure and natural. It has been purified and manufactured for freshness. We use the ICP-MS (Inductively Couple Plasma Mass Spectroscopy) method to verify the absence of contaminants such as lead, arsenic, mercury and PCBs.
A complete nutritional program should be followed prior to conception through pregnancy and maintained while breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor about adding GNC Prenatal Program to your daily nutritional regimen.